Bee & Pollinator Friendly Planting
- Fuchsia is a nectar rich plant with a distinctive pollen that is very popular with honey bees and certain species of bumble bee.
- A fuchsia hedge can be a virtual hive of activity for these and other pollinators as they go about their daily business.
- We all know the importance of providing food for our many pollinators. During the past number of years these insects, particularly bees, have been in steady decline.
- We need to encourage beneficial insects back into our gardens. Human survival depends on their well-being.
- The RHS have identified several plants, including ninety-one fuchsia varieties, varieties which currently display their Plants for Pollinators Trade Mark
Irish Fuchsia Nursery currently stock thirty-three fuchsia varieties which have been awarded this symbol. Our four varieties of Lathyrus latifolius, Everlasting Sweet Pea also holds the symbol as well as twelve of our Granny Annuals and nine of our Herb varieties. We will endeavour to extend this range and procure organic and open pollinated seed if available.